Pages

Sunday 10 June 2018

Geology Science Badge

Geology

Aim:
To create a slide that shows information about volcanoes how they work and other things about geology Heaven from the blog address http://spsheavene.blogspot.com/ and I were working on this together. She created this document and did some of the research.

Method:
We had to do lots of research then we created this slide about all of the topics we learnt about.

Results:






Dinosaurs

Aim:
To create a presentation about the theory's of how dinosaurs became extinct and other facts.

Method:
I looked at a few websites and put together my findings in a list. Then I found out some other interesting facts that I have wanted to know for a while now.

Results:




Crystals

This weekend on Sunday I made my own crystals. Here I have shown my progress over the first day up until Wednesday night. I also made a poster to describe what was going on

Aim:
To successfully create crystals. For this I made borax crystals, which surprisingly it was very simple to make.

Method:
-First I put some borax into a clear glass jar
-Then I added some water and food dye
-Next I got a pipe cleaner and shaped it into what ever shape I wanted I chose a blog and a heart
-I made a paper clip as straight as I could and attached the end to the pipe cleaner shape and then curled the end of the paper clip then I added a bamboo stick to the other end of the paper clip and stuck the bamboo stick side ways so the pipe cleaner wouldn't touch the bottom.
-Then I waited till Wednesday to take it out and present my final product but I checked on it everyday and took photos.

Results:
Day 1


Day 2










Day 3









What On Earth Is Going On In Hawaii?

Hawaii is a small island and it has been erupting for a long time, so far nobody has died. It is very tragic that all of this is happening but it just keeps erupting.

Aim:
To successfully make a presentation showing what is going on in Hawaii.

Method:
Heaven and I where doing lots of research and reading about this topic then we found footage and photos to go along with it.

Results








3 comments:

  1. With your aim, try starting it off like this... "I want to investigate..."
    Also, can you write a list of all of the equipment you used.
    What about being more specific with how much Borax you used. Did you use a teaspoon, tablespoon, 50g 250g?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a third star, what is the chemistry behind how crystals form? Try to use words like dissolve, soluble, saturated, crystallisation.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.