Pages

Wednesday 16 August 2017

Baking Bread- Poetic Writing

Baking Beautiful Bread

Wow those bubbles are loud, I hear bubbles popping and crunching under Mrs Jack's fingers,
I smell a savory something coming from the baking bowl,
Seeing the dough makes my mouth water with excitement,
It feels stretchy and sticky all in the palm of my hand,
The taste was not exactly what I was expecting It was kind of like a sponge cake mixed with shortbread


This is my poetic writing for the week. On Monday morning we started making bread by creating the dough and letting it rise. Then during literacy time we got stopped so we could kneed it and let it rise again. When it had rised for the last time the teachers put it in the oven. After lunch the bread was finished and we got to try the bread and it was pretty good.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Talia,

    I really like your Poetic Writing about baking bread. I like how you added a picture of the bread in the making. Maybe next time you could make the size of the poem bigger because it is quite hard to read.
    What was your favourite part of this, making or trying the bread?

    Laura,
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, thank-you for your feedback, I will change the text size. I think my favorite part of the bread making was probably trying the bread. Have you ever made bread before? If so did you like making and/or tasting it?

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.