Pages

Sunday 25 March 2018

Observing Lexi

Image result for toddlers

Aim:
To find out how her behaviour relates to the way most other toddlers do.

Method:
I observed her for about ten minutes and wrote everything down that she said and did.

Results:
I learnt more about my cousins development. I was observing my two year old cousin Lexi for ten minutes today and found out...
That Lexi knows more words than the average two year old, the average two year old should know 70-75 words but Lexi knows more around 100 words. I also know that most two two year olds should be able to walk and run by this age.
Like the average two year old she doesn't quite understand how to control anger and other emotions and that's why they call them the terrible twos. She spent most of the ten minutes talking  about her bike and her new motorised toy car she got for her birthday.

I find it interesting that she can be laughing one moment the crying then next and that she can't stay focused on one thing for more than 5-10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.