Pages

Thursday 30 May 2019

Praise For In The Dark Spaces.- Reading Tasks

This week my group has been reading a book called 'Praise For In The Dark Spaces'.

My first thoughts:
This book is very strange and the story line is very hard to pick up as the language they use is more slang that proper words and also the writer hasn't made it very clear what they are trying to say. I don't like this book much at all and I wouldn't read it again if given the choice.

Why don't I like this book?
I don't like this book because it is very hard to follow and its very hard to understand what is happening and one of the reasons I can't is because it was photo copied so I can never figure out what page to read first because it was cut off at the bottom so I can't see the page numbers.

What do I think this book is about?
I think this book is about a girl, her brother and their aunty and their aunty smuggled them on a boat and they have to sleep in a cabin that is just bigger than a coffin. When someone maybe security from Istanbul and he knows they are there but can't catch them but the aunty is on the boat somewhere else where she is allowed. But I don't know if this is correct because I don't understand it all that well.

What could make this easier to read?

  • Having the numbers of each page on the bottom so I know what order I need to read it in.
  • Having a conclusion from someone else who has already read it and see what they thought.
  • Getting together in with the group of people who are also reading it to find out if they understand it or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.