Pages

Friday 3 April 2020

Banknotes

For business studies we were given a task to make banknotes with a new currency or a new design of an old currency. We had to create 2 note's,  front and back. The notes had to contain 5 out of 8 characteristics of good currency the characteristics are:
  Generally accepted
-         Durable
-         Divisible
-         Stable/ consistent
-         Transportable
-         Scarce
-         Easily Recognisable
-         Difficult to counterfeit

These are the banknotes that I made.

I labelled one of the notes and here it is:


On my banknotes I made sure that I put 'this note is legal tender for $***' so that It would be accepted everywhere much the same as why I put Reserve bank of New Zealand. 
 I also put the serial number there so it would be harder to counterfeit as each note has a different serial number. There is a clear ( well its not clear but if it were on proper material not just paper it would be) oval so it is more difficult to counterfeit and its more recognisable. I put the amount the note is worth  on each side so it was easier to see. I also added people who are important to our country such as Queen Elizabeth and Jacinda Adern. Then I added some important things in NZ such as the flag, Mt cook, the outline of the country and then some native birds and plants.



1 comment:

  1. Great Job Talia
    You have designed a fantastic bank note. I think your choices for including symbols or images of things that are important to New Zealand was a great way to make your notes unique to New Zealand. Good job on including those important aspects of money that help prevent it from being counterfeited.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.