Pages

Tuesday 21 April 2020

Textiles - Beeswax Wraps

 
This week during our working from home time, I have been looking at making beeswax wraps. Since we can't get to school to make them we have been working on a poster explaining the instructions on how to make it.  I also included some random facts to do with honey and beeswax because that is what this whole project is about and I needed to know a little bit more about beeswax.

A few days back I got the materials needed to make the beeswax wraps so I made them. I used the instructions that I wrote up and I took photos from most of the steps (ill admit I had forgotten to take photos at first so I might not have a photo of every step.

Put 1 sheet of baking paper down then add the fabric on top but upside down.


 then add beeswax on top ( I forgot to take a photo of this so I added some more beeswax for the photo but you will need more than this)
then add another sheet of baking paper and iron it until its melted.

Here is a finished beeswax wrap its a larger size but surprisingly it was the easiest one to make.

1 comment:

  1. Fab! From research, to understanding, to the finished product Talia!
    Imagine being a bee and only producing a teaspoon for all your efforts. I guess though if we flip it, imagine being a bee and producing a teaspoon of goodness.
    It's amazing the properties that honey and beeswax hold. So much more than just to spread on our toast.
    The wraps look great.
    Awesome work Talia!
    Miss L

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.